In this Safety Engineer position you will you will oversee all aspects of employee safety in a heavy manufacturing environment. Requirements include a BS in Safety or a related field and 3+ years of related experience.
LOCATION: Portage, Indiana
INDUSTRY: Steel Industry
In this position you will report to the Director of Corporate Safety. This is a hands-on opportunity in Employee Safety and Plant Security.
• Develops and administers safety, health and security programs.
• Develops and implements measures to ensure that employees, the facility and assets are protected.
• Research and implement safety procedures and OSHA standards.
• Conduct safety and security audits of the facility and of employees.
• Investigates incidents and implements corrective actions.
• Administer and process Workers Compensation claims.
• Supervises, trains, and supports Safety and Security Officers
BS in Safety Science or a related field and 3+ years of experience as a safety professional in a steel mill or other heavy manufacturing environment.