In this position you will be managing capital projects that improve the production capabilities of process plants. If you are a Mechanical Engineer and comfortable with extensive travel this position may be for you.
PROJECT MANAGER – ALUMINUM INDUSTRY
(This company has plants throughout the USA. The successful candidate will work out of a home office and travel extensively.)
LOCATION Home Office (no relocation required)
INDUSTRY Aluminum Industry
Plan and execute capital improvement projects for expansion and/or upgrade of aluminum extrusion and rolling mill facilities. Develop project scope, feasibility, cost estimates and schedule. This is a “hands-on” responsibility.
• Prepare project approval authorizations
• Develop specifications.
• Charter, lead and facilitate cross functional project teams.
• Manage project resources, budgets and schedules.
• Administer engineering and design contracts.
• Coordinate and manage installations, outages, and equipment start-ups.
• Prepare and organize project documentation.
• Coordinate operator and maintenance training.
• Track, report and manage final project performance, schedule and cost compliance.
• Minimum of a BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or other engineering discipline).
• MS in Engineering and/or MBA preferred.
• 6+ years of experience in “hands-on” planning and execution of capital projects in industries including: aluminum, steel, pulp & paper or similar process plant industry.
• Ability to travel 75%+ of the time.
REFERENCE # LTS- 587