In this Level II Process Automation Engineer position you will be key in developing, implementing and maintaining Level II systems in a Steel Mill. Requirements include a BS Degree in Computer Science or a related field and 5+ years of relevant experience.
• LOCATION: Northwest Indiana
• INDUSTRY: Steel Industry
LEVEL II PROCESS AUTOMATION ENGINEER – STEEL INDUSTRY
This opportunity is with a successful Steel Mill in Northwest Indiana. Reporting to the Engineering Manager. This position is responsible for developing, maintaining and improving Level 2 automation systems to support the manufacturing operations in achievement of Business KPI’s and objectives.
• Responsible for monitoring, maintaining and improving Level 2 system performance which includes: troubleshooting process model accuracy and reliability, improving operational efficiency, and accuracy of databases.
• Work closely with Operations, Maintenance and Technical groups to continuously improve the accuracy and reliability of automated process models.
• Coordinate with the I.T. department as well as Finance, Purchasing and Quality to insure automated process data is accurately uploaded to Business Level Systems.
• Collect process data, reduce it statistically, evaluate and apply results to process improvements in terms of Level 2 models, process efficiency, and process reliability.
• Investigate process performance and Quality issues as required to support Root Cause investigations and developments of corrective actions and countermeasures.
• Support mill operations on weekends and off-hours.
• Support and participate in development of CAPEX projects as required.
• BS degree (or higher) in Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering
• Minimum five years of experience in the design, development, and support of Level 2 Systems. This must include “hands-on” experience with material t racking data collection, and data reduction/storage of representative statistics.
• Experience with Melting, Casting, and Rolling processes in steel or a non-ferrous industry.
• Familiar with programming in the following languages/environments: Visual Studio, C, C++, C#, ASP NET, Oracle PL/SQL or Microsoft T-SQL.
REFERENCE# LTS 619
jeffrey [at] latterell [dot] com