In this position you will apply electrical theory and related knowledge in testing and modifying electrical control circuitry in a steel mill. Requirements include steel mill experience and an Associates Degree in Electrical Technology.
ELECTRICAL TECHNICIAN – STEEL MILL MELT SHOP
LOCATION Portage, Indiana
INDUSTRY Steel Industry
• Repair and replace defective parts on generators, motors, storage batteries, controllers, switchboards, switches, conductors, and other electrical fixtures.
• Install and maintain electro/mechanical, electrical and electronic components.
• Test solid state circuitry to find defective parts in digital and analog equipment.
• Install enhancements and major upgrades to plant electrical subsystems.
• Utilize specialized digital cameras and thermo graphic imaging to perform infrared analysis of equipment.
• Design and modify motor power control equipment circuits.
• Five years of experience in a steelmaking and/or rolling mill environment.
• Degree in an Electrical Technology related field.
• Certification in Electrical Technician field.
Competitive compensation and Benefits
REFERENCE # LTS 652